Please read the following information to ensure you have a safe and pleasant crossing with us.
ARRIVAL TIME TO ENSURE YOUR RESERVATION IS HONOURED
Please be sure to arrive at the ferry terminal by no later than the following:
Car, motorcycle, snowmobile
45 minutes before the scheduled ferry departure
Vehicle longer than 6.4 m other than a car
60 minutes before the scheduled ferry departure
If you have a physical disability, please notify our attendants upon arrival at the ferry terminal if you require assistance to access the passenger deck.
Cages for the animals will be available on deck 5 of the MV F.-A.-Gauthier.
On the MV F.-A.-Gauthier, there are two options for your pet:
- If you are comfortable, you can leave your pet in your car.
This is the preferred option for most clients, as the pet remains in familiar territory and is therefore less anxious. The vehicle decks are tempered, depending on the season, so that your pet will be comfortable in the car with a window ajar.
Note that if you choose this option, you will not be able to see your pet during the crossing. A sign to be placed on your windshield will be given to you upon boarding. This sign is to inform our staff that your pet is in the car.
- Otherwise, a kennel is at your disposal free of charge. You just have to follow the dog's paws at the bottom of the wall on deck 6 to get there.
It is a closed room, and the cages are provided and cleaned between each crossing. The kennel is heated in the winter to ensure your pet has a comfortable crossing!
If you wish to visit your pet, let the purser know and an employee will accompany you for a few minutes.
STAIRS AND WALKWAYS
All passengers must stand clear of the stairwells before docking.
CAR AND TRUCK DRIVERS
- Be sure to take all of the personal belongings you will need with you, since you will not be able to access your vehicle during the sailing.
- Push your side mirrors in, as space on board is limited.
- Wait for the green light or attendant’s instructions before proceeding.
- Drive slowly onto the ferry.
- Park in the space you are assigned.
- Apply the parking brake and do not move your vehicle once parked.
- Turn off your engine.
- Do not leave any belongings in plain sight and lock your doors.
- Use caution when walking between vehicles.
- Please wait as long as possible before starting your engine.
- Wait for instructions before driving onto the ramp.
Note: The Société des traversiers du Québec is not responsible for a vehicle that could break down on its ships. In such circumstances, the towing of the vehicle will be at the expense of its owner.
Please keep your motorcycle parked during docking.
Please walk your bike on the boarding ramps.
Please fit wheels to the front of your snowmobile to make it easier to move on the ferry and prevent damage.
NETWORK AND WI-FI*
- This Wi-Fi service is currently in a breaking-in period and the connection cannot be guaranteed.
- Please feel free to use this service to browse the Internet, send and receive emails and browse social networks.
- Some sites are blocked and cannot be accessed in accordance with STQ network usage policies.
- Download speeds may vary depending on your mobile device.
*Wi-Fi is only available on MV F.-A.-Gauthier.