MV Saaremaa I
The NM Saaremaa I has been in service at the Traverse Matane – Baie-Comeau – Godbout crossing since July 10, 2019.
Built in Norway in 2010, the ferry is just under 100m in length and can reach a cruising speed of around 16 knots. It offers a boarding capacity of 110 vehicles and 600 passengers, including 300 seats.
Among the many services offered on board, there is a cafeteria, a furnished outdoor deck and a café with a panoramic view of the St. Lawrence River.
- Year of construction 2010
- Builder Fiskerstrand BLRT AS, Norvège
- Length (m) 97.9
- Width (m) 18
- Draft loaded 4
- Gross tonnage (tons) 5 233
- Net tonnage (tons) 1 849
- Clearance (m) 5.70
- Capacity - Passengers 600
- Capacity - Vehicles 110
- Capacity - Trucks 12
- Total engine power (kW) 4 000
- Cruising speed (knots) 16
- Boarding Amphidrome
- Propulsion Electric diesel
- Main Engines Wärtsilä W8L20 (2)
- Propulseur Dual azimuth thrusters (Rolls-Royce Contaz 25 (2))
- Number of decks 7 (Two(2) for vehicles)